On July 29, 2008, the IRS issued final regulation 1.42-10 (Utility Allowances). The final regulation revises and expands the methods available for calculating utility allowances, in addition to outlining other changes. The OHFA Utility Allowance Guidelines describe how owners of Housing Tax Credit projects should implement final regulation 1.42-10.
If you have any questions concerning utility allowance, contact your regional representative.
- Utility Allowance Policies and Procedures (185 KB Adobe PDF File) – revised 6/1/12
- Utility Allowance Request Form (622 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Utility Allowance Statement of Non-Renewal Form (511 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Utility Allowance Certification (389 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Permission to Obtain Utility Records (454 KB Adobe PDF File)
Utility Assistance for Residents
The Ohio Department of Development administers programs to assist households having trouble paying their home heating costs. Some income limits apply. Households should be encouraged to check out the available assistance programs on the web at http://development.ohio.gov/cdd/ocs/heap.htm, or for further assistance call 1.800.282.0880; TDD 1.800.868.1557.