First-Time Homebuyer Programs
Ready to open the door to a home of your own? The Ohio Housing Finance Agency's (OHFA) First-Time Homebuyer program can help. Thousands of low- and moderate-income Ohioans have purchased homes of their own thanks to OHFA's First-Time Homebuyer program. The competitive interest rates and mortgage options on our 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage loans make it affordable for qualifying buyers to realize the dream of homeownership.
To qualify for OHFA's First-Time Homebuyer program, you must meet at least one of the four qualifying categories below:
- Have never owned real estate;
- Have not owned or had an ownership interest in your principal residence in the last three years;
- Be a qualified military veteran; or
- Purchase a home in a target area.
Learn more about OHFA's First-Time Homebuyer program requirements.
OHFA's First-Time Homebuyer program offers several loan products for buyers based on their needs. Products that fall under the First-Time Homebuyer program include:
- Target Area Loan product
- Ohio Heroes product
- Down Payment Assistance grant
- Grants for Grads product
- New Home Sweet Home product
- Mortgage Credit Certificate product
- 203(ks) Loan product
- Heritage Home Program
The Ohio Housing Finance Agency is an Equal Opportunity Housing entity. Loans are available on a fair and equal basis regardless of race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, military status, disability or ancestry.