request a speaker
Welcome to OHFA's resource center for lenders. We are pleased to partner with a network of Ohio lenders to help make homeownership affordable for qualified homebuyers with low or moderate incomes. OHFA finances its mortgage products by selling tax-exempt mortgage revenue bonds to investors. We also provide Mortgage Credit Certificates (MCCs) to help households retain more of their income to afford their mortgage payment. We count on our lending partners to make our mortgage products available to Ohioans throughout the state.
OHFA Home Purchase Options At-A-Glance
A comparison of available OHFA single family purchase products detailing eligibility requirements, income limits, interest rates, loan types, credit scores and fees:
- OHFA Home Purchase Options At-A-Glance (503 KB Adobe PDF file - Legal Size)
- FHA Weatherization Fact Sheet (94 KB Adobe PDF file)
OHFA's Mortgage Revenue Bond Loan products
OHFA's affordable loan products include:
- First-Time Homebuyer program for low- to moderate-income Ohioans
- Target Area Loan product for buyers purchasing homes in HUD's designated target areas
- Ohio Heroes product for first-time homebuyers who work in critical professions
These products offer qualified buyers access to:
- Competitive mortgage rates on 30-year, fixed-rate loans
- Down payment and closing cost assistance in the form of a Down Payment Assistance grant or the Grants for Grads product.
- 1% origination fee
- Generous purchase price and income limits
OHFA's Mortgage Credit Certificate product
Through the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) product, OHFA made $25 million in Mortgage Credit Certificates available April 1, 2012. MCCs can be combined with your existing fixed-rate loan products, offering qualified borrowers an opportunity to take a direct tax credit for a portion of their mortgage interest.
- 20% credit for properties in non-target areas
- 25% credit for properties in target areas designated by HUD
- 30% credit for Real Estate Owned (REO) properties (single family properties purchased from HUD, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA, USDA-RD, or a financial institution that acquired the property through foreclosure)
The MCC product cannot be used in conjunction with OHFA's First-Time Homebuyer program.
OHFA's Homeownership 2012 Year in Review
- Homeownership 2012 Year in Review (872 KB Adobe PDF file)
Become an OHFA Lending Partner
Are you interested in becoming a participating lender for OHFA’s homeownership products? Learn how you can take advantage of our products and resources to help more Ohioans get into homes of their own.
Already a Lender?
OHFA offers a number of tools to help you use our products more efficiently.
Participating lenders can use our password-protected online system to submit loan reservations, check loan status, download pre-filled product forms, and view updates and special product announcements. Visit Lender Online to log on and get started now.
In an effort to assist homeowners who are trying to refinance their mortgages, OHFA has established a policy regarding subordination of second mortgages.
*If the loan is held by Ohio Homeowner Assistance, LLC, please contact Laura Winstel for information regarding subordination by using one of the following contact methods:
- – Telephone: 614-545-7839
- – Toll Free telephone: 800-989-8448
- – Fax: 614-629-5167
- – Email: OHADocuments@occh.org
- Subordination Policy Overview (180 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Subordination Request Form (73 KB Adobe PDF File)
Informational and Advertising Resources
Whether you are a veteran lender or a newcomer to our products, use the links to the left or download the files below for more information about our products and loan requirements. Participating lenders can also download and customize a variety of product fact sheets to help market OHFA’s loan products to your eligible buyers. For more information about advertising OHFA’s products, please download our advertising guidelines below.
The following files are in Adobe PDF file format and must be viewed with Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, a free version can be downloaded from Adobe's web site.
It’s important for lenders and OHFA to work together to make sure interested buyers get accurate information about our loan products. Please review these guidelines to ensure your communications efforts are as effective as possible.
- OHFA Advertising Guidelines (134 KB Adobe PDF File)
product Requirement Information
Applicants for OHFA’s mortgage loans and Mortgage Credit Certificates must meet federal income limits and properties must meet purchase price limits to be eligible.
- Maximum Income Limits for Homeownership products (669 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Maximum Purchase Price Limits for Homeownership products (170 KB Adobe PDF File)
Target areas are counties and census tracts which are determined by HUD to be areas of chronic economic distress. Homebuyers do not have to meet the first-time homebuyer requirement in these areas. Download Ohio's target areas below or visit our target area maps page.
- Ohio Target Areas (388 KB Adobe PDF File)
Interactive Fact Sheets
Type your name, company, and contact information in the designated space, then print these materials and use them to provide your clients with important information about OHFA’s homeownership products.
- First-Time Homebuyer program (222 KB Adobe PDF File)
- First-Time Homebuyer program – Helping Veterans (217 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Ohio Heroes product (212 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Down Payment Assistance grant (218 KB Adobe PDF File)
- Mortgage Credit Certificate product (203 KB Adobe PDF File)
For additional downloads, visit our download center.