request a speaker
Real Estate Agent Resources
Welcome to OHFA's resource center for real estate agents. Like you, OHFA is committed to helping more Ohioans purchase homes of their own. You can use our products to sell more homes by educating your low- to moderate-income customers about OHFA mortgage products designed specifically to meet their needs.
OHFA's affordable mortgage loan products include:
- First-Time Homebuyer program for low- to moderate-income Ohioans
- Target Area Loan product for buyers purchasing homes in HUD's designated target areas
- Ohio Heroes product for first-time homebuyers who work in critical professions
These products offer qualified buyers access to:
- Competitive mortgage rates on 30-year, fixed-rate loans
- Down payment and closing cost assistance in the form of a Down Payment Assistance grant or the Grants for Grads product.
- 1% origination fee
- Generous purchase price and income limits
OHFA also offers Mortgage Credit Certificates that will help approximately 1,000 qualified homebuyers. The Mortgage Credit Certificate product:
- Allows qualified homebuyers to take a direct tax credit for a percentage of their mortgage interest
(20-30%, depending on the status of the property)
- Makes available additional income that the homebuyer can use to make mortgage payments
Learn more about the Mortgage Credit Certificate product:
- Mortgage Credit Certificate product One Sheet (172 KB Adobe PDF File)
Many homes for sale are currently in need of repair or modernization, but it can be challenging to pay for improvements after purchasing the property. If your client is buying a property that needs rehabilitation and repair, the 203(ks) Loan product loan offered by several OHFA participating lenders may be a perfect fit.
- 203(ks) Loan product Details and Eligible Improvements (571 KB Adobe PDF File)
Please visit our product pages and download center for more information and eligibility requirements for each of these valuable products.
Continuing Education Course for Real Estate Agents
Because a real estate agent is often a homebuyer’s first contact, it is important for you to understand OHFA's products and know how to determine your customers’ eligibility. OHFA offers continuing education courses specifically designed for real estate agents. The Ohio Division of Real Estate has approved the courses for real estate continuing education credit needed for your three-year license renewal.
The two-hour First-Time Homebuyer program session will cover:
- How the First-Time Homebuyer program can benefit buyers, sellers and agents
- Updates and changes to the First-Time Homebuyer program
- Additional financial assistance options
The one-hour OHFA product Updates session will cover:
- The current MCC product
- The new Grants for Grads product Option
- Homebuyer Education product requirements
The courses are offered several times each year in various locations throughout the state. Generally, our participating lenders sponsor the courses, but real estate brokerages and/or area real estate boards may also sponsor courses.
It’s important for real estate agents and OHFA to work together to make sure interested buyers get accurate information about our loan products. Please review these guidelines to ensure your communications efforts are as effective as possible.
OHFA Advertising Guidelines (145 KB Adobe PDF File)
For More Information
Questions about our products or continuing education course? Our Homeownership staff can help. For more information, contact:
Mortgage Business Manager
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215